Re: AC 428 Fruas, AC(?) Mystery

To: reilly@admail.fnal.gov (Rob Reilly)
Subject: Re: AC 428 Fruas, AC(?) Mystery
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 13:53:00 PDT
>   OFFICE MEMO          AC 428 Fruas, AC(?) Mystery car        Date:7/20/94
> Just another tuppence on AC 428 Fruas:
> "A to Z sports cars" reports there were 58 fastback coupes and 28
>convertibles,
> total 86, so Roland's list of 80 is a remarkably high survival rate. All were
> steel bodied by Frua, and look a lot like the Maserati Mistrale, which Frua
> also did.

Yup, there's a front view picture of a Frua convertible in the
newsletter and it looks a lot like a Maserati.

I'm surprised to learn there were more than 80 cars.  While the notes
with the Register don't comment on this I was left with the impression
that all cars were included for a number of reasons:

  1.  The chassis numbers were listed consecutively from 1-80.
  2.  Known destroyed cars were included.
  3.  One chassis number was listed without any accompanying
      information.
  4.  The VERY close relationship between AC Cars and the ACOC.

A number of entries only indicated FB or FB A .  Anyone know what that
might mean?

Roland