IT DIES IN THE HEAT ....

To: TR8LIST <TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, BRITCAR <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: IT DIES IN THE HEAT ....
From: Paul Morgan XPB <PAMORGAN@vmprofs.estec.esa.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 16:18:48 MET
This is a dual post for the TR8 & Britcar list, apologies if you receive both.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions on what could be causing my problem.
Recap :-
My TR8 dies after several hours driving in warm weather. After waiting about
fifteen minutes I can continue for another 30 minutes and so on and so on.
It's still happening. I'm suspecting that "fuel vapour lock" maybe the problem
and will build a heat shield between the fuel pump and the exhaust's.

Many (most) places in the world have hotter climates than here in Europe.
How do you avoid vapour lock ? Any products that you use (asbestos subsitutes)
for heat shields, etc ?

To recap on what has been checked out or replaced in case anyone else has a
suggestion :-
Ecs, distributor & pack, coil, fuel pump, fuel lines & both fuel filters.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Regards .... Paul

End of Message