re: shocks and frame rust

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: shocks and frame rust
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 10:15:56 EST
 Mike, you've got to ask yourself: Do I feel lucky today? Well, do you....
 Seriously, though, what value do you place on your own existence and/or
 that of a passenger? What you describe just sounds too chancy to me.
 Two situations to consider: (1) anything from reduced handling
 capability due to flexing from the holes right up to out-and-out
 collapse of the car at speed might be possibilities. (2) Any compromise
 in the structural integrity of the car, in addition to (1) above, leaves you
 that much less protected from the proverbial '78 Buick running a
 stop sign.

 I'm not intimately familiar with MGA parts availability, but I'm pretty
 sure that some or all of those frame pieces are available. Even if
 they aren't, a top-flight welding shop MIGHT be able to put the
 frame right.

 Bottom line: spend the money, whatever it takes, or find a better
 basis for a project. I'd rather spend the money on a steel/aluminum
 car with leather interior than an oak box with velvet lining.

 Andy Mace