Low Oil Pressure-Spitfire IV

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Low Oil Pressure-Spitfire IV
From: Eric Bankit (PPD) <ebankit@PICA.ARMY.MIL>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 14:17:43 EDT
  My spitfire IV engine has decided to exhibit (at least the guage does) a
pressure reading of 5-8 psi at idle when warm-I have replaced the oil pressure
relief spring with no change...now before I go and give up my $80.00 to VB or
TRF for a stock oil pump I thought I would solicit the collective wisdom of
the Scions...is the pump the problem? has anyone used an alternative pump-
this engine/car is used as an autocross car and a high pressure pump could be
advantageous (IMHO). The engine has not been very modified beyond a .040 over
and a custom intake manifold for quad mikuni carbs...
thanks for any information...
Eric Bankit