TR6 Clutch

To: British-Cars@Autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Clutch
From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 13:10:32 PDT
Kevin,
  Dick Nyquist beat me to the punchline; I'll just add a few things.
Do check the bore of the clutch master.  It's a 5/8" bore if the reservoir
is not 90 degrees to the bore axis.  If the reservoir/bore-axis angle is
90 degrees, it's either a .7" or .75" Master.  Earlier TR-6 (69-70?) came with
the .75, and the later ones came with the .7".  I don't have my Girling parts
book here at my desk.
  If you are confident that the clutch parts are either totally Borg&Beck or
Laycock, and that the clutch disk is not installed backwards, you just have
a frozen clutch.
  I've had several cars that have sat for a few years with frozen clutches.
Just drive the car with the clutch pedal depressed, and VIOLENTLY get on
and off the gas while you're driving.  After a few moments, the clutch will
magically disengage, ( or your diff will fall out if you're having a
particularly bad day).

I hope this helps,

              Greg Meboe    MEBOE@wusvm1.csc.wsu.edu