All british field meet in Bellevue, Wa

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: All british field meet in Bellevue, Wa
From: metzger@spacelabs.com
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 94 10:03:37 -0700
I had a couple of hours saturday so I gathered the family together and set off
for the all british field meet in Bellevue, Wa at the Bellevue community
college. I'd been to this show for the past 3 years because it's the closest to
my house with more than adequate turnout.

The show seemed greatly expanded this year. However I only met one other SOL
member (I was wearing my t-shirt) . John Domby was displaying his daily driver
TR6 that was in fine running condition. He was a bit dismayed being placed
between 2 polished and preened models.

I was there with the sole intention of getting ideas for LBC's that would seat
family of 4, having just sold my midget because I couldn't take the whole gang
on fun trips in it. I got some ideas, maybe a Morgan 4 or a TR4 with the dealer
optional back seat (the kids are young and small right now so they don't need
much space)> I was thinking Triumph Stag but the full window frame withthe top
down is the dictionary definition of Ugly to me.

There was plenty to look at. Many Rolls, Jensen's, MG's and Triumphs. 2 TVR's
and several Lotus including the first Elite I've ever seen. In the for sale
section prices seemed to have gone up over the past 2 years. There was an
interesting Tr7 with a Mazda 13b rotary in it that looked like a pretty decent
conversion (mazda 5 speed also). The kids got cranky after a couple of hours in
the hot sun so I didn't get to stay as long as I wanted.

On the way out for dinner that night We were followed by a Lotus Elan that was
in pristine condition. The Elan's look so small on the road. They must be much
smaller than a Miata. My wife had a hard time when I made an approximate guess
as to the car's worth...I think the exact quote was "That much for that little
thing!" It appears I need to educate her some more in the joys of british cars.
Anybody got an Elan they want to give her a spin in? :-)

CIS Product Development   - Return address :metzger@spacelabs.com -