Wiring Code Table

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring Code Table
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 10:16:38 -0400 (EDT)
I wish that someone had posted this a few years ago for me. None of my
manuals have it for reasons utterly beyond me. Be aware that like
anything British there WILL be cases that stray from these rules so trace
to the source if in doubt.

-----------------------------------

BROWN - Main fed from the battery. No switches or fuses

WHITE - Ignition circuit. again with no switches or fuses.

GREEN - IG circuit but WITH fuses and/or switches in the line.

BLUE  - headlights

RED   - Tail lights and side markers

BLACK - a straight ground

YELLOW - Generator connections wired through the IG

---------------------

Now the main colour followed by the strip colour cases:

---------------------
BROWN/YELLOW - GEN to volt. regulator

BROWN/BLUE   - IG switch to volt. reg

WHITE/RED    - IG switch to the starter solenoid and starter switch to
               starter solenoid

GREEN/PURPLE - Brake lights

BLUE/WHITE - your high beams

BLUE/RED   - your low beams

RED/WHITE  - the dash lights

That's the general rule of thumb. Hope this helps some of you.

Chris Ball
triumph@io.org