Re: Wiring Code Table

To: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Subject: Re: Wiring Code Table
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 07:23:10 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 26 Jul 1994, Christopher Ball wrote:

> I wish that someone had posted this a few years ago for me. None of my
> manuals have it for reasons utterly beyond me. Be aware that like
> anything British there WILL be cases that stray from these rules so trace
> to the source if in doubt.
> [table deleted]

The color code table you posted is good for most BritCars made from about
1950 on.  I don't remember the exact date, but it was around 1950 that
Lucas standardized the colors.  Before that, most (but not all) Lucas
harnesses followed a very similar color scheme, but some manufacturers
went their own way.

Thanks for posting that, BTW.  I have it in an old Lucas book, but can't
find the book.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
feold@umd5.umd.edu    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)