Re: Pull that trans!

To: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley 303-497-7691)
Subject: Re: Pull that trans!
From: jerry@tr2.com (Jerome Kaidor)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 06:52:22 -0700 (PDT)
Scott W. Paisley 303-497-7691 wrote:
    [...deleted tale of ring gear woe...]

> Now I'm going to find a shop to heat the starter ring and get this
> sucker secured.  Anyone got tips on making sure this doesn't happen
> again?  (superglue?, jbweld? :-)

*** I would use Loktite.  After the flywheel comes back from the machine
shop, heat the whole thing gently with a propane torch.  Then when its
good and warm, run a bead of loktite around where the gear and flywheel
meet.  It should get sucked in by capillary action.  The only question
left, is *what grade of loktite to use*?   ``Studlock 270'' comes to
mind, I could have the number wrong.

                                  - Jerry Kaidor