Weekend clearence sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Weekend clearence sale
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 14:33:40 -0600
It is about 800 miles or so from Salt Lake City, where I live, to the area
around Portland, Oregon.  Now, suppose for a moment that some pea brained
Triumph enthusiast, blessed with fewer brains and common sense than that found
in your average sea squirt or granite block, decided to drive up there this
coming weekend, July 30/31, to purchase a vehicle.  Is there anyone along one
of the possible routes from here to there that might be interested in one of
the following, uh, fine, lessee, collector's dream, yeah, that's it, any of
these fine collectors' dreams?

1977 Spitfire - Soundest Spit tub I've seen in some time, maroon, needs new
paint on the bonnet, and something to put under the bonnet.  This is the car
I drove at the VTR convention last year, and if I hadn't missed that shift
at the 180 could have been the fastest car at the autocross.  Of course, the
bits that made it that way have been removed and put on Junior, the car we are
racing now.  But if you've got a rusty squaretail with a good drivetrain and
a few hundred dollars in your pocket...

1965 TR4 - The Rust Rocket, for those of you that remember.  No longer a rocket,
as it too has no engine or gearbox, I could throw one in if I had to.  Still
rusty, though.  A major project or just a parts car.  A local autocrosser
may be willing to tackle this one, and return it to a serious DSP machine,
but I'm not counting on it.  Way cheap with no running gear, and only a little
bit more with a gearbox of some sort and enough parts to put in one place to
make a recognizable TR motor.  I'll even throw in the header and the ugly
7" steel wheels.

1958 TR3 - This one I have to think about, it was on my long term list to be
a show car.  But I am getting in too deep with these Spitfires.  Pretty much
a basket case, yet another car of mine where the drivetrain is scattered about
the shed.  But for this one I would throw into the deal the engine that used
to be in it (needs rebuild) and the original overdrive tranny.  Gearbox not
available separately.

1968 TR250 - needs motor freshened, brake, clutch and TR6 overdrive gearbox put
in where non-OD unit is now.  Also some repainting.  $36,000 firm.  Well, I
might
go 35!  Okay, I'm not really going to sell the 250, even if I haven't driven it
yet this summer.

If interested in one of the cars I WILL sell, make an offer.  It would be a
quick
cash deal, delivered to your door this weekend, July 30/31 if it is on the way
northwest Oregon.  If seriously interested, though, other arrangements could be
made once this immediate crisis passes.

mjb.