TR-7 Water Pump

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-7 Water Pump
From: bearibe@infi.net (Lawrence F. Beals, Jr.)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 94 20:08 EDT
>From: Greg Meboe <MEBOE@WSUVM1.CSC.WSU.EDU>
>Subject:      TR-7 Water Pump
>

> Dear Sol'ers,
>   I have a question that (don't chide me yet), has some non-lbc content.
>Some friends of ours want to buy a Saab 99 EMS.  I'm impressed with the
>engine, especially how well the Fuel Injection works compared to the
>same year TR-7's running around.  But the water pump leaks just like a TR-7.
>My question is, how difficult is it to change it?
>  Should I tell them to buy it, and that I'll help them change the waterpump
>some afternoon, or should I tell them to save their money for something even
>more stylish, like a Maverick, or a Pacer-X, or a Civic-del-sol, in Electrick
>Kermit Green.
>                   Greg Meboe   Meboe@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu
>
>---------
It took me about an afternoon to replace the waterpump, that included
pulling the manifolds and carbs to get clear access to the dang thing and
figuring out how to get the pump out of the head.  Of course your mileage
may vary.
                               Lawrence F. Beals, Jr   bearibe@infi.net
Lawrence F. Beals, JR            SORCERY, n.  The ancient prototype and
forerunner
bearibe@infi.net                                of political influence.
bearibe@AOL.com