spitfire help

To: FatherWill@aol.com
Subject: spitfire help
From: "Anthony L. Bailey" <abailey@bigcat.missouri.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 18:00:51 -0500 (CDT)

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 94 09:58:58 EDT
From: FatherWill@aol.com
>I have a 1978 Spitfire with a bad engine block (the infamous thrust-washer
>defect)  that I'm attempting to switch out with a new short block I
>bought a couple of months ago.  The one thing that's holding it up is
>this --
>the bushing for the old engine's oil pump drive is now toast.  The new block
>didn't come with one, and so when we tried pulling the old one out to
use it,
>the thing broke into lovely little chunks.  None of the major Triumph places
>(Roadster Factory, Victoria British, Moss) seem to carry any onhand, the
>machine shops won't make one, and a search for all this time has led me to
>the conclusion that this little bugger is gonna be next to impossible to
get.

Hello William Gillis,
        You may not remember me, but I "talked" to you about your
Spitfire on America Online when I had an account there. I also own and
drive daily a '77 Spitfire. Anyhow, the part you're wanting is listed on
page 5 of the Rimmer Bros. Spitfire Parts Catalog. It is pictured as you
described "Bush-Oil Pump Drive", p/n 131786. The price listed is #25.00
which is around $37.50. They can be contacted at Telephone no. (0522)
568000 or fax no. (0522) 576600. I believe the Great Britain country code
is 011. I have ordered from them a number of times and they have the some
of the parts we can't get here at a very reasonable price. I recomend
faxing them with your questions/orders. Hope this helps.

Anthony Bailey      '77 Triumph Spitfire 1500     Middleburg, FL
abailey@bigcat.missouri.edu