Recovery from an emotional decision

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Recovery from an emotional decision
From: Bob "Mr Optimistic" Deasy <deasy@sequent.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 14:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
It was three years ago when I fell under the spell.

I saw a picture of her and knew that she would be mine.

It went, I saw and I bought a 1973 MGBGT while under the "influence."
I once was owned by a 1972 MGBGT - same color - and ran 300 miles a day
for over six months with no breakdowns.  I knew that I could enjoy the
same kind of friendship with this "new" car.  Shortly after bringing her
home I began to rebuild her.  Brakes, suspension, tires and windshield
before I discovered the "truth."

Under the rubber mats was a lot of air and pavement.  The floorboards
are rusted out.  The passenger side inner, outer and center sill are
like cheap swiss cheese.  I took her to a body shop and they said
paint and repairs (there are more things wrong then mentioned here)
A local shop estimate is $2000 for paint and $3000.

Now the next point of interest is that the interior is more then a bit tatty
and I estimate it will take $1000.00 to repair, replace and rebuild.

Why am I sending this to the list ?  I sense that it might be better for me
to either choose from one of the options below: