WANTED: Salisbury Diff Manual Recommendation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, fordnatics@freud.arc.nasa.gov,
Subject: WANTED: Salisbury Diff Manual Recommendation
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 15:21:49 -0700
I'm looking for a manual that covers Salisbury differentials.  My snake
manual has some good engineering drawings and a couple of exploded parts
views with a fairly complete looking list of part numbers but no specs
or disassembly/assembly instructions.

I know Jags have Salisbury diffs and I'm told that some Jeeps and Trucks
do (did?) have them as well.  I've checked for Jag manuals at the local
library but all I could find were the ones published by Chiltons and they
didn't have anything useful in them.  I'm willing to order a manual but
I hate to do so sight unseen without a recommendation.

The specific Salisbury I need info for is the 4HU with Powr-Lok, but I
believe there are several versions that are very similar, so a manual for
one of these other units might do just as well for maintenance
purposes.  I need to replace some seals but I don't want to take
anything apart until I have better information.

To those on jag_lovers:  I would appreciate direct responses since I'm
not on the list.

Thanks,

Roland
cobra@cdc.hp.com