RE: S1 Europa (& other Loti) for sale in SF area

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, lotus-cars@netcom.com
Subject: RE: S1 Europa (& other Loti) for sale in SF area
From: Michael Galos <mikegal@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 94 14:17:56 PDT

|--Tom Eckstein @rain.org

|     >>I just spoke w/Jerry (very nice chap) regarding his
|     Europa. It is an S1, and does need a restoration, and
|     he is asking $2500. Additionally he has for sale two
|     Elan S2 bodies (one a 26R), one S3 Coupe w/BDA, and one
|     Elan +2. Jerry is located in Marin (just north of San
|     Francisco), and his number is 415.461.4618.
|
|          -daren

Here's some more information. The car is an early S1a (he thinks it is about
30 cars into the S1a variant) and is in pieces. The engine and transaxle are
intact but are removed. The front suspension is in place. The interior and
(of course) the rear suspension are out. The previous owner was in the
process of doing a restoration and stopped so the body is stripped down
in some areas. The car will appear for sale in the next Lotus, Ltd. newsletter.

Mike