How do I value a '74 Midget?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: How do I value a '74 Midget?
From: JWCHESLEY@aamc.org
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 18:35:46 -0500
 - A car is only worth what someone will pay for it.
.... so, how do you figure out what to ask if you don't know
who wants to buy it???.... ask the 'net!!!

.. '74 MG Midget, olive green/tan interior, 96k miles so it
burns some oil but runs well, 1" rust holes at each end of
the rockers and one door jamb, small dents in front fenders,
tatty carpets, needs shocks, has chrome bumpers
w/humongous rubber overriders, uncracked dash, good top,
tonneau and factory hardtop, just rebuilt calipers,
w/cylinders, m/cylinder.  This is a good, driveable car that I
use for my 100 mile round-trip commute on nice days (that's
how I put on 60k of the total mileage).

   How much should I ask in my local paper??... or should I
stick with the Want-Ad/Auto Trader.  I really do need to sell
it to get my '65 Alfa finished and out of my father's garage so
he can move all his girlfriend's furniture in.  Tell me what you
would pay for it if you didn't already HAVE 2 Bugeyes, an
Austin Princess and a '66 E-type in pieces that you really do
plan to finish one of these days!   Please send me an
answer directly, unless you want to start a thread on how
the ignorance of the general public lowers the market value
of interesting, reliable and fun cars to that of a Yugo.  I'd like
to put it in the paper this coming week.

jack chesley <jwchesley@aamc.org>

oh, yeah, if anyone wants it, send me an offer.  I just figure
that anyone on the list already has several LBCs and maybe
a wife to worry about... on the other hand, if you want a
RUNNING one, let me know.  I'm in the Washington, DC
area, home of Motorhead, a really NICE British car
parts/repair place (no connection, I'm just a satisfied
customer).  - jack