MGB Bumpers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Bumpers
From: "Michael Carnell, (803)556-0562" <CARNELLM@Citadel.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 1994 07:31:31 -0400 (EDT)
This is a really odd request, but I hope someone can help.  I am
restoring/playing-with a 1977 MGB and thinking about doing some very odd things
to the paint scheme. (Yes, _totally_ non-original.)  To do so I need to paint
the rubber bumpers. That brings me to my questions:

1) I remember that years ago someone made fiberglass replacements for the
rubber bumpers.  Does anyone else remember this and maybe know of a source?

2) Has anyone else actually painted the rubber ones?  Can it be done?  What
preparation would need to be done.

Thanks for the help!

Michael Carnell
carnellm@citadel.edu - Charleston, SC