(TR4AIRS) front brake calipers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: (TR4AIRS) front brake calipers
From: Daniel Heyer <heyer@imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.d400.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 1994 13:32:12 +0200
Thanks to everybody who answered my question about underhood colour
matching. The mounting bracket will be painted in black.

As I am currently working on the front brake assembly, another question
arises:
I have cleaned, polished and buffed all the original parts to a standard
which probably was never achieved by Standard Triumph itself. Above all,
the brake calipers look like new. Does anybody have an idea how to seal
the surface of these cast-iron items, or if it is necessary/advisable? Is
Nyalic (Eastwood Co.) a suitable product, for example? Or is it not
heat-resistant enough for this purpose?

As always, any comments welcome, and TIA

Daniel
Dr. Daniel Heyer                      | Dept. of Radiology
E-Mail: heyer@imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.de | Univ. Hospital Eppendorf
voice +40 4717 4010 fax +40 4717 4517 | 20246 Hamburg,Germany
+65 TR4A IRS, originally in conifer green, black interior
Commission # CTC 50932 LO