Re: Tripumph GT6+

To: Bill Lattimer <billla@microsoft.com>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tripumph GT6+
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 94 09:28:40 CST
Subject: Tripumph GT6+
Author:  Bill Lattimer <billla@microsoft.com>
Date:    9/7/94  11:30 PM

>Just saw an ad for one of these - $1000.  Isn't this what was called
>the 'Stag'?  Should I be interested?

*Gack*! No! This is *NOT* what was called the Stag!

The Triumph GT6 grew out of the LeMans Spitfires of the early '60s. They put
in the Vitesse 2-liter 6-cylinder engine and used the LeMans Spitfire body.
It's a fastback, and, in my humble opinion, one of the most beautiful cars
ever made.

$1000 won't buy too much of a GT6, I don't think. But look, anyway. There's
a file on the triumph.cs.utah.edu available via anonymous FTP that tells what
to look for in a GT6. Good luck!

PS - I don't mean to belittle the Stag. If it had a decent engine, I'd get one
for the family. It's just that there's too many horror stories floating around!

>tnx!

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com