Re: Tripumph GT6+

To: billla@microsoft.com, phile@stpaul.gov
Subject: Re: Tripumph GT6+
From: bownes@lucas.emi.com (R.M. Bownes III)
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 10:48:28 +0500
->The GT6+ is the USA-market designation (I think in the UK it was Mark II
->or some such) for the GT6 that was upgraded to a full independent rear
->suspension.  The upside of this is much better geometry.  The downside is
->that they seem to be a certain amount of trouble to maintain.
->
        Replacing the rear rotoflex couplings is a major pain in the butt.
But worth it. I keep thinking about replacing them with CV joints...

->A GT6+ can be made to handle well.  There is significant luggage room,
->sort of on the order of an MGB-GT.
->

        Beware the serious understeer however. Curable, but beware.

        IMHO the GT-6 is the ideal triumph. The power of the TR-6 with the
handling of a Spitfire. I have a TR-6, a GT-6 and a Spit. I love all three
dearly, and you will pry the keys to the 6 out of my cold hands, but if I have
to take another long trip...The GT wins hands down.

Bob