Re: RHD fun

Subject: Re: RHD fun
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 16:59:14 PDT
Years ago, a friend tool me the story of the time he and his wife were
out in their RHD MGB one evening (he was driving) when they were stopped
by a local sheriff for a routine check. Naturally, the deputy approached
the near (left) side door, and proceeded to ask the wife for license,
registration, etc.

One can only hope that the deputy was not completely unobservant -- only
too embarrassed to admit his mistake of approaching and conversing with
the passenger -- as he continued the entire exchange with the wife, still,
as before, on the near (left) side, at one point even offering his
flashlight beam on the contents of the glovebox, which, as we all know by
now was on the near (left) side, to help her find HER license and
registration.

It was all the husband (and the wife, for that matter) could do to keep
from bursting out in hysterical laughter, as he sat behind the wheel
(amazingly enough, all this time on the right, or near, side of the car --
where it always was), watching the deputy as he questioned the *driver*!

Any SOLers who live in the Albany, NY, area, ask Roly about this story.
It's always been one of my favorite LBC stories.

Andy Mace
Hoags Corners (East Nassau), NY, USA