Re: TR4A fuel pump and other questions

To: Michael G Hering <MGHering@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: TR4A fuel pump and other questions
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 23:00:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 9 Sep 1994, Michael G Hering wrote:

> while my brother and I were looking under the bonnet, he pointed at the
> fuel pump and said "what's that."  What it was, was the axle upon which
> the fuel pump actuating lever rides on, and it was sticking out of the
> pump housing almost 3/4 of an inch.  Thank goodness I had read the recent
> [stuff deleted]
> axle.  It has shown no signs of coming out again.  My question is how to
> ensure that this does not occur again (shor t of finding an original fuel

Peen the pump body over the ends of the shaft.

>       Last question for now:  On this same trip my fuel guage and temp
> guage died at once.  Any other obvious failure points I should check
> other than the fuses?

Your voltage stabilizer, which supplies a constant 10V to those two gauges,
has probably died.

Sorry for the terse answer, but my keyboard is dying.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)
feold@umd5.umd.edu