Re: "....We happy few..."

To: mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com (Miq Millman)
Subject: Re: "....We happy few..."
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 13:22:37 -0500 (CDT)
Miq Millman writes >

> [the ten true keepers of the sparks of darkness]
> garnett@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Roger Garnett)
> oneway@athena.mit.edu (Kenneth B. Streeter) streeter@sanders.com
> walker@hprpcd.hp.com (Darrell Walker)
> cobra@phcilsn.hp.com (Roland Dudley)
> staylor@ccd.bbn.com (Steven Taylor)
> jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
> phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
> miq@sgi.com (Miq Millman) miq@teleport.com/mmillman@ptdcs2.intel.com
> robbp@pyrthoth.pyramid.com (Robb Pryor) robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com
> droms@sol.bucknell.edu (Ralph E. Droms)
> ccm0b@VM.CC.PURDUE.EDU (Lawrence Buja) southern@ncar.ucar.edu

Gee, I feel so honored!  Of this lot, Roger Garnett is probably the most
deserving, having examples of various types of LBCs:  The Old, the Fairly
Commonplace, and the Truly Odd.  His ability and willingness to help is
legendary.

As far as the surveys go, I am sure that many folks figure "nothing has
changed, why should I clog the surveyor's mailbox?"  I'm sure that there
are a lot more folks out there that have been continuous users of the
mailing list.

Thanks to all of you.  The more hip than I that explain things to me and
the newer folk that make me think about what I think I already know so I
can explain it to them.

Phil Ethier   phile@stpaul.gov  (we don't need the "pwcs" any more)