Re: Thanks List - Bikes

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com (Roland Dudley)
Subject: Re: Thanks List - Bikes
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 12:40:04 -0500 (CDT)
Roland Dudley writes >

> > BORN TO BE MILD ! KEEP THE MOTOR RUNNIN'
> > HEAD OUT ON THE HIWAY.
> > LOOKIN' FOR ADVENTURE.....

And whatever comes our way...

> > Hey, if you're ld enough to know that song you can relate to the disease
>
> Afraid I don't know that song.  Does that mean I not old?  God, I hope
> so!

Sorry, Roland, you are old enough to know the song.  It is only one of the
best-known songs of the sixties.  Just about every time you see a Harley
chopper on TV or in the movies, this song is playing.  It is "Born to be
Wild" (the "mild" is a well-worn joke), by Steppenwolf.  I suppose John
Kay wrote it, but I am not an expert on this band.