Re: Re: Meaning of Rim specs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Meaning of Rim specs
From: Mike Causer <mike@setanta.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 94 12:32:16 BST
Phil E. wrote in reply to Agustin de la Calle:

> > Does anybody know what the letters in the rim specifications mean?
> >     Tire    Wheel
> >     155/80  4.5 J 13"

> J means it is a steel rim?  JJ means an alloy rim?  I never did know this one.

J is the shape of the rim in cross-section.  I don't know the full
series, but J is far and away the most common.  K was used for large,
high performance cars I remember (but Phil already knows what my
memory is like ;-).

OptExtraInfo:  Genuine new Lotus steel wheels are said to be close to
issue -- and the proposed price sounds quite reasonable.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike Causer           Setanta Technology        mike@setanta.demon.co.uk
                         Cambridge UK