TR6 Idle problems

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Idle problems
From: ThkSnow@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 94 22:36:49 EDT
I guess that I have stood along side the pool for long enough and now it is
time to jump in.

I have a 74 TR6 that seems to have a little trouble when it is asked to sit,
for example, at a red light and wait for it to turn green. When coming down
from higher rpms, whether down shifting or coming to a stop, it wants to
stall. Vacuum leak you may be thinking as I was, checked all the hoses and
tightened all the hose clamps. That seemed to help a little but not enough. I
noticed a small sucking noise from around the bypass valve on the front carb
but could not trace the source, at first I thought it was more money coming
out of my wallet but my $5 was still there. After the cars warms up it is not
as bad, but still not like it should be. My wife is getting sick of hearing
me talk about my car so I hope some of you will listen. Honey, are you still
awake?

Thanks,
John Todd
Salt Lake City