Re: TR6 stalling

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British-Cars)
Subject: Re: TR6 stalling
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 94 11:26:10 EDT
>I have a 74 TR6 that seems to have a little trouble when it is asked to sit,
>for example, at a red light and wait for it to turn green. When coming down
>from higher rpms, whether down shifting or coming to a stop, it wants to
>stall.

        I had this problem.  It was caused by too much retard on the ignition.
Every time the vacuum retard kicked in the engine tried to stall.  Solution:
advance the ignition.  :-)

>I noticed a small sucking noise from around the bypass valve on the front carb
>but could not trace the source, at first I thought it was more money coming
>out of my wallet but my $5 was still there.

        May be a bad bypass valve.  Is it hard to an even, low idle?  The
valve may need adjustment.
--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D
Randell.Jesup@scala.com