Tripod & shipwrights disease

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: Tripod & shipwrights disease
From: Marcel Chichak <chichm@supernet.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 19:37:10 MDT
@LURK_MODE=OFF

SOL Mates:

Gregory Petrolati asked yesterday

        Inquiring mind want to know... Did you ever get that Morgan
        trike you were pondering about last spring? If so have
        you proceded further than just hauling the carcase home...?

Nope. Had another visit with it, this time taking my flashlight, notepad
and Mog literature. Had a really good look at the body, decided it's
hand made, but not by Morgan. Had a really good look at the frame. It's
hand made too, but not by Morgan. Had a really good look at the chassis.
It's Morgan. Had a good look at the engine. It's JAP. It's also from
1931 which is what the car is too. Took all the numbers I could and will
send them to the Mog gooroo in Santa Monica.

The '31 is supposed to have an OVH engine, not the side valve it's got.
There is a chnace, however, that in the lean 1930's the factory stuck
what ever they could on there to make a car and move it. Won't know
until the gooroo has his say. I stay on the case....

I've determined that I'm not immune to shipwrights disease. When I
started the restoration of the Morris Cooper I approached it with the
attitude that I'm prone to the disease and might just as well strip the
thing to the nuts to start with and avoid the problem altogether. That
was done and I felt really good about it. I put it up on a rottisserie
so that I could clean the underside and do a proper paint job on it
without having to crawl around on the floor.

Well, it happend. I just can't leave all that 25 year old seam sealer in
there, so out comes the propane torch and varsol. Can't leave those
floor drains all bent like that, so I made a form and reshaped them.
Can't leave those bends in the floor pan, so I spend hours pick & filing
the @#&() FLOOR FOR CHRISSAKE! flat!

Now it looks like Rolands beer can. As soon as I see my shrink I'll be
ready to paint.

@LURK_MODE=ON

*Marcel Chichak  Certified Mini Nut | Go in deeper, come out  *
*voice (403)466-6004                |harder and come from     *
*Edmonton, Alberta, Canada          |behind!, That's what it's*
*chichm@tibalt.supernet.ab.ca       |like to race a Mini!     *
'69 Morris Cooper, 39,999.9 Miles and counting!