2 questions on Sprites

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 2 questions on Sprites
From: Mike Gigante <mg@cgl.citri.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 12:18:10 +1000
Question 1: Before I pay A$650 (Approx US$490) for a set of new custom
"unbreakable" high strength rear axles for my spridget race car, I
thought I'd check to see what other folks have done to avoid the
dreaded rear axle failure. I had one fail on the weekend, putting me
out of the 6 hr relay race (out of my misery actually, but more on
that later...).

Question 2: What would CA buyers expect to pay for a straight, rust
free, original bugeye with good mechanicals but in need of paint job
and with some missing bits and pieces (like grill, replacement dash).
I need to know in a bit of a hurry, so any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Mike
p.s. I will send a report on the 6hr relay race within a few days...