Rallye in Boston Area Sat, 24-Sep-94

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rallye in Boston Area Sat, 24-Sep-94
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 16:06:57 -0500 (EST)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 15:41:16 EST
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
To: british-cars@autox.team.net

Hi,

In celebration of the common anglophile, I am hosting a gimmick rallye this
Sat., 24-Sep-1994 starting from Lexington, MA and winding up somewhere else
that is east of the start point. I have no idea how many folks will be
attending, but I would like to see a decent turnout (due to the amount of
time/effort/money that I have put into this event).

As such, I'm extending the invitation to Boston area enthusiasts to come on
over and participate.

In short, the individual cars will be navigating some rather rural roads in the
greater Boston area searching for answers to questions. There will be trophies
awarded to the most observant participants.

Where: Meet at Minuteman Park, off route 2A in Lexington, MA Take exit 30B, Rt.
2A West, from 128 (I-95) either direction. Park is less than .5 miles after you
get on 2A. Look for assembled lbc's and "NET" signs. Note: this is not the
Minuteman Park Visitor Center! So, look for the signs (especially if you are
coming from the direction of Concord, MA. The car park is bordered by Rt. 2A
and Massachusetts Ave.

When: Meet after noon, driver meeting at 1 PM, first car off at 1:30 pm RAIN OR
SHINE, so if you don't want to get your lbc dirty/wet and the forcast is for
inclement weather, bring your grocery getter.

Cost: Sorry, but I have to charge $4 to get back the setup costs. I think it'll
be worth it. Cheap entertainment.

Other: The route will end at a local eatery after about 2.5 hours of rallye
stuff for pay-your-own-way eating and drinking. After that we'll probably share
war stories and kick the rallyemaster (wait, that's me!) around. After that,
who knows! The roads _were_ all paved when I ran the route on this Sunday past,
I don't expect that to change. Note: the start point is actually a picnic area,
so bring a picnic lunch to consume before the start. If you get there early
enough there is a nice trail to hike on with points of historic interest.

If you think you might be a participant, try to drop me a line directly at
lang@isis.mit.edu or give me a shout on the land-line. Otherwise, see you
there on Sat.

regards,
rml

p.s. I'd really like to meet some of the local folks for this one, so come on
down!

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |