Re: Mr. Berry's "Teenage Wedding"... another tuppence

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: Mr. Berry's "Teenage Wedding"... another tuppence
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 01:50:10 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 20 Sep 1994, Gregory Petrolati wrote:

>       Gee, I always thought hat Chuck was referring to a "souped
>       up Jimmy"... or a GMC Pick-up truck. 'Just the thing for an
>       aspiring young Cajun would need to get his "mud bugs" to the
>       market...
>
>       Zamazin' what ya hear when ya want to...

That's what I always thought it was, too, or maybe a Chevy with a GMC 6
cylinder engine.  That was a fairly popular engine swap before the advent
of the small-block Chevy V8. It was an easy swap, because te Jimmy 6 was
just a larger displacement version of the old Chevy 6, and lots of speed
equipment was available for it.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)
feold@umd5.umd.edu