Re[2]: Seeking pointers for painting/reinstalling MGB engine

To: Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu, haferman@icaen.uiowa.edu,
Subject: Re[2]: Seeking pointers for painting/reinstalling MGB engine
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 94 12:19:48 CST
Author:  Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu
Date:    9/22/94  11:55 AM

>If you want to paint your *exhaust* manifold, sand blast first, and use a
>high-temp manifold coating.

I just put a new (well, different) exhaust manifold on my GT6+. I had it
sandblasted and painted with hi-temp cast-iron color paint. I've driven
it about 1200 miles since then, including a 500-mile round trip to
Kansas City, and it still looks brand new. I don't know the brand of
paint, but it's holding up great, and looks really nice!

Larry