GT6 woes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 woes
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 21:50:23 -0500
Got the clutch free (yippee) runs...like a dream. However, then the little
nylon cup under the shifter broke off, so now changing gear is like
stirring porridge. The starter motor then gave up the ghost. Ah well....

Questions:
1) My steering is real sloppy. I thiought tie rod ends...but the wheel shake
test didn't show that. I got an asistant to turn the steering wheel
while i looked...and the little box that the steering column goes into
moves 1/2 inch either way before the wheels turn. How on earth is that thing
meant to stay fixed in place???? It doesn't seem like it should be fixed...

2) I don't have any vac line hooked up. I have a retard and asvance type mech.
Does somebody want to draw an ascii to show me. The factory manual doesn't
show me.

Marcus