Re: Anglias and American youth...

To: (British Cars)british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anglias and American youth...
From: "Roger Garnett" <@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 12:26:52 EST
> As a kid, I only remember seeing Anglias in magazines like "Hot Rod".  They
> always had some huge, supercharged Ford or Chevy engine
> What was it about Anglias that made them such favorites for the drag strip
> crowd?

Anglia's and A-40's (Just saw such an A-40 Sunday). Why?

The early Anglias, and A-40's look a lot like minature versions of 50's
American cars. They have nice lightweight bodys, that usually outlast the
underpowered original engine. Prime rodding material, resulting in a mini rod
that probably weighs about 1/2 what a Chevy would.

Roger- wish there was room for the Rover 3.5 V8 in an MG ZB Magnette- Garnett