Alpine on its way!!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca
Subject: Alpine on its way!!
From: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 94 22:34:40 PDT
        I guess it is safe to announce it now. The deal is done! A new to me
1953 Sunbeam Alpine is presently on its way from California to Nova Scotia
via Boston to be a stable mate to my 1954 Sunbeam Talbot MKIIA drop head
coupe.

        I have to thank fellow SOLers, Don Lepore who willingly took a couple
of hours of his time to inspect the car and send me an excellent detailed
report, Sharon Oblinger for her offer of assistance as well, and Bob Lang who
has generously offered to house it for a few days until I can get to Boston
to pick it up. Reflecting on this whole event, it couldn't have happened
without their help and this *extrordinary* e-mail connection.

        The 600 mile trip to Waverley (near Halifax) on the upcoming long
weekend should be interesting. What is the expression, "the devil you know is
better than the devil you don't know"? I don't know *this* devil. ;-)

Thanks to all,

Bob "can't believe this is happening!" Hamilton.

Robert A. C. Hamilton, Waverley, N.S., Canada
E-mail: rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca
Date: 09/28/94
Time: 22:34:40