Re: Fuel Injection Question

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Injection Question
From: mchaffee@sumter.cso.uiuc.edu
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 94 00:04:54 -0500
Actually, most of the current systems are sequential; Bosch Motronic and GM
systems I know are, anyway.  As for the fuel-getting-distributed-on-port-walls
problem, I think the best argument that this doesn't happen is Bosch
K-Jetronic.  Instead of firing pulses at each spark impulse, K-jet sprays fuel
CONTINUOUSLY.  Yet somehow it manages excellent mileage with respectable
power, although the throttle response sucks (not due to its continuous nature,
just the metering method).  As for K-Jet and L-Jet(the two-pulses-per-
revolution system) I think that if the fuel is well atomized and properly
metered (it is) then fuel falling out of suspension is not really an issue,
especially once the runner and port walls are nice 'n' warm.  This still
doesn't help me in my quest to cobble up a port injection system for a
Siamese-port A-series engine :-(

Cheers!

Michael T. Chaffee
mchaffee@sumter.cso.uiuc.edu