Vapor lock (???) in a Healey

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Vapor lock (???) in a Healey
From: WILSONHB@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 02:51:19 -0500 (CDT)
Bad problem here.  Just when the 100-6 is all warmed up and has been ripping
along the boulevards for 15 minutes or so, sometimes it begins to hesitate.
The carbs seem to "choke" as if they aren't getting enough gas momentarily.
The most common time for this to happen is if I have been on the highway at
70-80 mph and try to accelerate; it just seems to bog down but often recovers
and becomes "normal
"again.  Please, can someone help with this?  I have no idea what the problem
is much less how to fix it.  The Fuel pump was replaced 3 years ago along with
all tubing withought resolution.
Has anyone had this before?  I'm getting desperate--nothing I do makes it go
away!
Thanks,
Henry Wilson

Sorry for the long footer!