Fuel Injection question

To: Scions of Lucas <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Injection question
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 1994 16:37:46 -31702 (PDT)
I thought I'd seek net wisdom on this.  I think later LBC's also use this
type of injection, so there is still some LBC content.

        On late model electronic and Motronic Bosch injection systems,
the injectors are fired simultaneously. So 5 times out of 6, or 3 times
out of 4, atomized fuel is fired when the particular cylinder is not
on its intake stroke.  Doesn't some percentage of fuel get deposited on
the port walls?  I can't seem to choke down the thought that air momentum
is adequate to ensure that the fuel remains suspended, even with the
valve closed.
        Even though engines equipped with such systems attain great
efficiency, could not more be achieved with actual sequential injection,
firing the entire fuel allowance while the valve is open?

        Thank you.

                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
                        Dept of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                        Washington State University.  Pullman, Wa.
                        '67 Spit-6   '74 TR-6