Re: SCCA @ Mid-Ohio

To: sol <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA @ Mid-Ohio
From: Randy Wilson <randy@taylor.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 17:47:58 -0400 (EDT)

> -What are your favorite viewing spots?  The turn 6-8 complex looks
> interesting.

I went up to MidOhio last week for recon and track learning. That's the only
time I've been there. Turns 6-8 (called correctly "Madness") should be a
good place to watch driver technic. If lots of bent cars piled on top of
each other is more your game, then the chicane/keyhole or turn 5.

> -Can the track food compete with Elkhart Lake?  Any local restaurants to
> recommend?

A travel guide I checked recommended a "Bob Evans" and a "Subway".
That's pretty much it. We found a few slightly-above-dive places. Nothing
worth recommending.

> -Any other SOLers planning on going?  As usual, I will be wearing a green on
> white Jaguar hat and also wearing a "total saturation with racing cars and
> other things" look on my face.  Slap me on the face and say "hello!" if you
> spot me.
>
> -Any SOLers planning on competing?

We're registered in two classes. I don't think we're going to bother, though.
Gotta decide soon.

> Thanks,
> Will Zehring

    Randy