Various topics in today's digest

To: "'British-cars@autox.team.net'" <British-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Various topics in today's digest
From: Paul Garside <Paul.Garside@seagatesoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:29:07 +0100
The Return of Don Mathis:
Hi Don! Welcome back. Where you been?

Roland's stub axles:
Roland, this seems like a long way round the problem. Are they the same as
the Ace? They might be; if so, try the owner's club in the UK. I don't know
their address, but you could do worse than start with Simon Taylor, Managing
Editor or "Classic & Sports Car" who is registrar of Ford-engined Aces. If
not, are they just worn? Then you could have them remetalled and remachined.
Or, if the metal left was thick enough, machined and use undersize bearings.

...and fiberglass/fibreglass:
One side (probably the engine side, as it's visible) would have had gel coat
on it. This is a pigmented polyester of a more resilient formulation than
lay-up resin, to give some protection to knocks. You can buy it from a boat
suppliers and paint it on. You could use it both sides, though I expect
epoxy would also do.

The Birds, The Birds!:
The car in "The Birds" is a DB Mark III (sometimes erroneously known as a
DB3, which was sports-racer). Nice car, the last with the WO
Bentley-designed engine.

Paul.