Radiator leaking-trying to make Carlislie Import show

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator leaking-trying to make Carlislie Import show
From: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:41:31 -0400
List members:  I'm trying to get my car (1949 Singer Roadster) to
Carlislie, Pa. this weekend  for the import show.  I have a last minute
radiator problem--it started leaking in several places when hot; the
radiator shop says it needs a new core, which would take a week to order
and install.

Anyone have any emergency repair suggestions for a leaking radiator.  I
was thinking of trying to use an epoxy like J-B weld to try and stop it
up.  I'm hesitant to use one of those stop leaks that you add to the
antifreeze for fear of gumming up my (newely rebuilt) engine.  My
coolant sustem runs on low pressure (about a 4 lb cap) doesn't have a
thermostat but does have a water pump (earlier Singers didn't) I'll be
driving about 100 miles or so  each way.

Any suggestions most welcome!!

Gene Abbondelo
Hyattsville, Md.