[British-cars] South SF Bay Area Wire Wheel Tire Installion

To: "BC" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: [British-cars] South SF Bay Area Wire Wheel Tire Installion
From: "csx2282" <csx2282@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:02:51 -0700
I suspect this is a long shot considering the minuscule traffic on this list
these days, but I'll give it a shot.  Maybe some of you can  pass this
question along to people you know who live in my area.

I'm in need of new tires.  Finding them is not an issue.  I have a number of
sources for that.  The problem is finding an installer in the South San
Francisco Bay area who has the proper equipment to do the installation and
balancing on center lock wire wheels.  These tires also requires tubes, BTW.
The current tires are too old (about 20 years) and to warn to drive a great
distance, especially on the freeway and I don't have anyway of easily
transporting the 5 wheels in question with installed tires, so I'm hoping to
find someplace local.  The last time I had tires installed it was through
O'Connor Classics in Santa Clara, which is no longer in business.  Actually
O'Connor out sourced it to British Wire Wheel in Santa Cruz, but that was
because I also had the wire wheels refurbished.  British Wire Wheels is also
no longer around, at least not in Santa Cruz, but even Santa Curz is farther
than I care to drive on my current tires.

I did have a local tire shop repair a flat a few years ago, but I'm sot sure
they could handle the balancing part.  All they did was patch the tube.  They
may not have even completely removed the tire.

If anyone has a suggestion or knows someone who might, I'd appreciate the
feedback.

Thanks,
Roland in Santa Clara, CA
British-cars@autox.team.net