4.6 HSE torque settings

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 4.6 HSE torque settings
From: pasanewt@cheerful.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 07:24:15 -0500 (EST)
Hi list,

I've just bought a second hand 4.6 HSE Rover short motor and was wondering if
anybody out there knows what the main bearing / cross bolt and conrod bolt
torque settings are?

The guy I bought it off (he works in a dealership and it was changed under
warranty) said that it was replaced because a liner had slipped. I've looked,
but I can't see anything wrong, other than evidence of a head gasket blow.
I assume that if a liner had slipped, it would be obvious, is this the case, or
is there something in particular I need to check?

TIA Adrian

3.5 litre Rover + 2100lbs + nitrous = 10.62 secs @ 126 mph - on street tyres!!