Re: Rover V8 prices...

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rover V8 prices...
From: Greg Gall <greg.gall@iname.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 22:46:53 -0700
Hi,

As Jim wrote:

>A really hot set-up is to use an Olds block & pistons with a set of
>Buick heads from a 4bbl engine. Olds had 2 types of heads to vary the
>compression for 2 & 4 bbl engines. Buick used the same heads, but
>changed pistons. Olds used the same pistons on all engines.

What would be the affect of using the olds heads on a Buick 2 bbl engine?

Less compression or more?

I currently have a '63 Buick Special 215 with the stock 2bbl intake, and
was wondering what I would get if I replaced these heads.

I am thinking that about 9-9.5:1 would be a very streetable car!

Also, how does the cylinder head volume compare between stock Rover SD1
heads and stock Buick 215 heads? (I have a scrap Rover V8 engine on hand) -
I seem to recall someone saying that the volume is about the same.

I am looking for an inexpensive way to get a bit more performance out of
this Buick 215 before I put it into my TR7...

Greg.
---
'76 TR7-V8 (Buick 350)
'77 TR7 4 speed A/C
'79 (March) TR7 DHC Auto
'80 (Dec '79) TR7 DHC 5spd
'80 Rover 3500 EFI, 5 spd, A/C
'80 Rover 3500 parts car !RIP!
'91 Eagle Talon

Gregory Robert Gall, ENT, BSc.   e-mail: greg.gall@iname.com
IT/Hardware Consultant, Calgary, Alberta, CANADA.