RE: Rover V8 prices...

To: Glenn Towery <mgv8glen@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: RE: Rover V8 prices...
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:28:51 -0700
If anyone is interested I wrote Ernesto to ask where these parts are.  Ernesto
is a man of few words, here is his full reply, "Santa Maria, CA, north of Santa
Barbara"

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO. USA
1967 MGB Roadster, Vintage Racer
1969 MGB Roadster, Driver
1970 MGB Roadster, Fixer upper
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com
> > Greg Williams wrote:
> >
> > >      Found on the net, here's a deal:
> > >

> > >      I have a Buick 215 (unknown yr. 61-63) .  I bought the motor from a
> > >      junkyard.  I have never taken the motor apart.  Manifold, carb, and
> > >      flex plate are still on it.  They also had an extra set of  heads
which
> > >      I got.  I bought a dune buggy for the motor.  The motor is a Olds 215
> > >      unknown yr. (same as the Buick 215 just different heads, bottom end
is
> > >      the same).  This motor is complete (manifolds, carb, generator,
> > >      starter, etc...).  I then bought a 65' Buick 300 (manifold, carb and
> > >      flex plate).  The 300 crank can be ground to fit in the 215's for a
> > >      266 CID motor.  I have the instructions and catalogs to finish the
266
> > >      motor.  I have a 215 bellhousing, clutch and pressure plate too.
All