Re: 4.2 crank

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4.2 crank
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:04:11 -0500
Jon-

Not sure what the differences are, but the earlier engine had a distributor, at
least through 1994. Later engines had some form of crank fire & no distributor.
The later front covers are shorter front to back, as the space for the
distributor is eliminated, so it may be that the crank is shorter at the front.

Hope this is some help.

Jim Stuart