Re: EFI tweaking

To: jay snavely <jays@paonline.com>
Subject: Re: EFI tweaking
From: James TenCate <tencate@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:41:22 -0700
On Jan 26, 2006, at 6:36 AM, jay snavely wrote:

> I read in the Rimmers catalog that they will repair and modify the TR8
> EFI
> modules to increase power, both hot wire and flapper controls,
> original and
> modified engines.  They say the original programming was strictly for
> emissions and not power or economy.  I am sure this was true.  Does
> anyone
> have experience sending their EFI to them, or someone else, and having
> modifications made?  I was under the impression that this was done
> insitu.
> I am looking to retain the original appearance of the engine, but a few
> extra HP without opening the engine would be convenient.

Be sure to keep us all informed on what you find out.  How about
contacting Rimmers and see if you can learn something more about what
they do from talking directly to them?  Will they do US spec versions
too?

I'll be happy to send them one of the TR8CCA club's emergency ECUs and
get it "done" and then report what they did and whatever else happens!

Jim TenCate, 1980 FI TR8...