Re: EFI tweaking

To: Kent Kinard <kkinard@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: EFI tweaking
From: James TenCate <tencate@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:29:46 -0700
On Jan 26, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Kent Kinard wrote:

> Franc Buxton at the University of Warwick has been
> rebuilding 4CU boxes to Vitesse spec for many years.
> This eliminates the Lambda sensor and will work very
> well on North American 4CU applications such as TR8
> and SD1.  Do a Google search for "Stunned Buffalo" and

[note, the Rover was called a 3500 here in North America for some
reason...]

> follow the email link.  His charges are very
> reasonable and turn-around is pretty quick.  I just
> had an email from him the other day.  He also works on
> 14CUX boxes if you prefer.

Here's the link to the site below.  So now we know of three places that
"tweak" ECUs.  Rimmers (apparently), Stunned Buffalo, and Mark Adams
(Tornado Engine Management systems) and we have some direct information
from Kent about Stunned Buffalo.  Kent, can you tell us more?  What's
in your car, what year, etc etc...  how much was the upgrade, etc etc.
Curious minds want to know.  Have any idea what was done?

http://www.stunnedbuffalo.demon.co.uk/sbr.html

Curious because I know a lot about the 4CU and have been dying to try
some things out (ever try running an early TR8 FI car at 7000 feet
above sea level?) but may not if I can just ship it off to someone and
have it "tweaked" ...

I smell the necessity for a FAQ entry here for the WWWedge, or at least
an article for the TR8CCA...

Jim