Weber/Edelbrock

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Weber/Edelbrock
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:44:19 -0800
The Edelbrock(Weber) 1404 is one carburettor that suits the Rover
V8.  My MGB GT V8 seems to be running rich and thus I wonder if I
should try leaner jets and/or rods.
I have the Edelbrock intake, 10:1 compression pistons with composite
head gasket, mild cam (RPi), 2" 4-2-1 exhaust manifold through wings
(fenders) to 2 1/4 secondaries.  Petronix ignition

Below is a table I have made on examples and if you have a 1404 can
you contribute to the table and say how your engine is configured.

                                                      PRIMARIES
SECONDARIES                                      METERING RODS
Simon
3.5L                                  .083        1422
                 .089       1424
      .065 x .052    1441
RPi   UK                                      .080        1421
                         .095        1426
              .065 x .052     1441
Edelbrock
(stock)                         .086         1423
            .095        1425.
.065 x .052     1441

Many thanks in advance for your responses

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings

Purveyor of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
------- and of stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
------- and of bitumastic soundproofing