Lotus scavenger hunt

To: Vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lotus scavenger hunt
From: DWhitesdJr <DWhitesdJr@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 23:52:19 EST
Now that it is the "slow season" why don't we have a scavenger hunt?

I am looking for a clear photo showing the extent of the damage to the
monocoque/tub of Graham Hill's Lotus 49 after his shunt at the 1969 US Grand
Prix at Watkins Glen.

Most of the contemporary race reports say the tub was not seriously damaged,
but a couple of articles maintain it was written off.  (The car has been --and
is -- in the uninterrupted possession of Team Lotus/ Classic Team Lotus and
they maintain the tub was not hurt.  For anyone who wants "the long story" of
why I want this photo, send a separate e-mail request.)

The person who sends the best photo of the tub will receive his or her choice
of:

          1.  Original 1990 Grand Bahama GP Poster featuring a Lotus Formula
Car
          2.  The book Lotus Sports Racers by Anthony Pritchard
          3.  1968 Michael Turner print of Graham Hill in Lotus 49B following
JYS.
          4.  Team Lotus blueprint of the Lotus 49

Start your engines!!!!!          David Whiteside       Loti Racing